United Kingdom tourist visa
Egyptian citizens need visa for travelling to United Kingdom as tourists. The stay is usually short, not exceeding 180 days and visa expires in 180 days. Applicants are required to be present when applying for visa and there are a total 9 documents required. You can also find visa exemptions and useful tips from fellow travelers.
Visa Requirements for Egypt
The visa application process involves that you fill in the application form, print out the form and book an appointment from the consulate depending on their availability. On the day of the appointment, you should carry all the original documents for submission and for the bio-metrics. It usually takes 14 working days for the consulate to process the visa after the appointment. Usually, the visa copy will be attached to your passport.
Documents Required for United Kingdom Tourist Visa:
1. Apllication Form: Complete application form for United Kingdom
2. Passport Photo: Photo must not be older than 6 months.
3. Passport: Original Passport or Travel document with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
4. Previous Passport: Provide a previous passport if any.
5. Residence permit: Legal residence in the country you are applying from (Egypt) e.g, visa or residence permit. If you are not a national of Egypt, or your right to reside there is not included in your passport, your legal residence will be confirmed first. Residence permit should be valid for at least 3 months after departure.
6. Proof of Funds: You would be expected to show that you have enough money for your stay and to leave. Suchs proofs include personal bank statements, Pay slips from employer, proof of accommodation, audited accounts, tax records, credit card limit, etc.
7. Current Details (if employed):
- A letter from your employer on company letterhead, with contact details. The letter should state that you have been granted a leave of absence. It should also indicate the purpose and duration of the trip, and that you will be returning to your current job.
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
- Original pay slips
If self employed, the required details include:
- a copy of your business license
- company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- income Tax Return (ITR)
If you are a student, you are to:
- submit an official letter from your school indicating that you are in good standing and that you are registered for the upcoming semester.
If Retired, you are to submit a proof of your retirement fund.
8. Travel itinerary: Travel itinerary (travel reservation to and from the country/area in your name, not a ticket)
9. Hotel Bookings: Hotel reservation(s) for the duration of your visit.