Standard Bank Derek Cooper Africa Scholarships 2020/2021 for African Students (fully-funded Masters at LSE)
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: African countries preferably residents of South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Angola, Mozambique and South Sudan.
To be taken at (country): London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), UK
Eligible Field of Study: The scholarships are for offer holders on the following LSE master’s programmes:
- MSc Environmental and Development
- MSc Environmental Economics and Climate Change
- MSc Public Management and Governance
- MSc Finance (full-time)
- MSc Finance and Private Equity
- MSc Risk and Finance
- MSc Real Estate Economics and Finance
- MSc African Development
- MSc Law and Accounting
- MSc Economics and Management
- MSc Management Information Systems and Digital Innovation
- MSc Management and Strategy
- MSc Financial Mathematics
- MSc Economics and Philosophy
- Applicants will ordinarily be resident in one of Standard Bank’s African presence countries, with a preference for residents of South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Angola, Mozambique and South Sudan.
- These scholarships are designed to provide the opportunity for students who currently do not have the financial means to pursue further studies of this nature.
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year
How to Apply: To apply for LSE funding for programmes beginning in September 2020, you must:
- Submit your application for the programme (See how to apply for graduate study at LSE)
- Submit your Graduate Financial Support Application Form via the Graduate application tracker including completing Section G: Personal Statement.
- and receive an offer of a place (conditional or unconditional) by 5pm UK time on 27 April 2020.
If you only wish to be considered for the Graduate Support Scheme, you do not need to complete Section G: Personal statement.
The outcome to your Graduate Support Scheme application will be displayed on the application tracker after you have received an offer. Successful applicants selected for other LSE Scholarships or awards like this one will be contacted by email thoughout May, June and July 2020.