International Major Entrance Scholarship
International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) are awarded to exceptional international students entering undergraduate programs at UBC. Students receive their IMES when they enter their first year at UBC, and the scholarships are renewable for up to three additional years of study. The number and level of these scholarships awarded each year vary, depending on available funding.
To be considered for the IMES, you must:
- Be new to UBC, entering directly from secondary school or post-secondary (university or college).
- Be an international student who will be studying at UBC on a Canadian study permit (student visa). (Changes to your citizenship status will affect your IMES eligibility.)
- Demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and intellectual promise, as well as impressive extracurricular and community involvement.
- Not be nominated for a need-and-merit-based International Scholars award.
- Apply to UBC by January 15.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2020
To be taken: Canada
Number and Value of Awards: The number and level of these scholarships awarded each year vary, depending on available funding.
How to apply
If you apply to UBC by January 15, you will be automatically considered for the IMES.
You will be considered for this merit-based scholarship as soon as you receive an offer of admission to UBC. Consideration is based on your demonstrated academic achievement and your extracurricular involvement. Scholarship decisions are made between mid-March to the end of April each year.