About DAAD Scholarship
DAAD Scholarship 2021 is a fully funded scholarship and is only available for masters or PhD studies at the top German Universities.
With its development-oriented postgraduate study programs, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialized countries.
The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Deadline: Depending on chosen study program; please check deadlines here.
Level of Study: Doctoral (PhD) / Masters Study Country: Germany
• Economic Sciences, Law
• Agricultural and Forest Sciences
• Art, Music, Design
• Engineering and Natural Sciences
• Humanities and Social Sciences
• Language and Cultural Studies
• Mathematics, Natural Sciences
• Medicine, Health Sciences
• You can also see the complete list of available Postgraduate Courses.
Duration of program
The scholarship lasts between 12 and 36 months, depending on the length of the chosen study program.
DAAD Scholarship 2021 for Masters and PhD Germany provide the recipient with following benefits:
• Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
• Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
• Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover.
• One-off study allowance.
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
• Monthly rent subsidy.
• Contribution towards tuition fees that may be charged by the university (max. € 500.- per semester).
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD Scholarship 2021
To be eligible for DAAD Scholarship 2021 for Masters and PhD Germany, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Required Languages: English or German.
• For international programs, the language of instruction is English. You are usually required to submit an English language certificate e.g. TOEFL or IELTS.
• For other programs, the language of instruction is German. You are usually required to submit a German language certificate e.g. DSH or TestDaF
• Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) or Masters degree in an appropriate subject.
• Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience.
• Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship.
Eligible Countries: Click here for list of eligible developing countries.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarship 2021
To apply for DAAD Scholarship 2021 for Masters and PhD in Germany, please follow the following application procedure:
Required Documents for DAAD Scholarship
• Signed DAAD application form with current date
• Personally signed CV (please use the sample europass form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/) with current date
• Personally signed Letter of Motivation (with reference to current occupation and choice of postgraduate programme(s), two pages maximum) with current date.
IMPORTANT: When applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum 3 courses), you have to submit one motivation letter explaining why you are applying for these specific courses and why you chose that priority.
• Letter of recommendation from your current employer; the letter must have letterhead, a signature and official stamp and must be of current date (not in a sealed envelope)
• Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) that proof a minimum of two years of relevant working experience (after the bachelor degree) at the time of application and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home.
• Proof of Language Skills:
• English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
• German – Required for courses taught in German
• Copies of Academic Degrees (certified translation if necessary)
• Copies of Academic Transcripts, incl. grading-scale (certified translation if necessary)
• Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are asked to submit an APS Certificate with their application documents.
Note: Some courses may require additional documents. For detailed information, please see the relevant course description in the Brochure and on the respective websites. The complete applications have to be submitted in English or German to be considered.
Step by Step Application and Selection Procedure for DAAD Scholarship:
- Chose suitable courses of your interest. (You can apply for maximum three courses)
- Apply to universities offering that courses.
- You send your complete application(s) (with above documents) directly to the universities.
- A selection committee suggests potential candidates for a DAAD scholarship.
- The suggested candidates will be contacted by DAAD to upload their complete application to the DAAD Portal. (The link to the DAAD Portal will be provided by DAAD through email)
- The selection process will be finalized, and the suggested candidates will be informed accordingly.
Make sure that you have a copy of each document of your application ready, as those documents (as PDF files) have to be uploaded to the DAAD Portal in case you are suggested for a DAAD scholarship!