Cairo University CU Online Admission Application Forms +Requirements 2020/2021
If you have been wondering how to go about applying to Cairo University for your undergraduate or postgraduate studies, this article is for you. This article contains detailed information on the Cairo University CU application process and the requirements for admission into graduate, undergraduate, and diploma programs for the 2020/2021 academic year.
Call for Application
Authorities of the Cairo University, CU invite applications from suitably qualified candidates who are high school leavers, non-school leavers, and graduates from recognized institutions for admission into the various undergraduate and graduate programs offered by the institution for the 2020/2021 academic session for full time and part-time studies. Click here to see the list of undergraduate and postgraduate courses at Cairo University
CAIRO UNIVERSITY GENERAL ADMISSION GUIDELINES AND FORMS
Application for admission to CU is basically done manually. To apply to Cairo University, take note of the following:
Step 1: You need to meet the specified Admission Requirement
Step 2: Documents – receiving authority:
The student submits his/her documents to their respective embassy in Cairo or the General Administration for Admission and Foreign Students Grants located at 2 Dharih Saad Zaghloul St., People’s Assembly in Cairo starting from June to September of each year.
Step 3: Approval of Certificates
Approval of certificates implies authenticating them by the issuing authority, the Foreign Ministry of the concerned country, the Egyptian Embassy in this country and the Egyptian Cultural Counselor to the Americas, Russian or East European states, respectively.
Or, the certificates get approved by the Egypt-based embassy of the country from which they are issued, and then by the Egyptian Foreign Ministry (except for students who obtain the certificate from the Americas; and the Russian and East European states). The certificates which are not approved by the Egyptian embassy in Egypt or abroad will not be considered.
- For Cases of Unqualified Certificates: If the certificate has not been equalized to the Egyptian High School Certificate, it can be equalized by taking the following procedures: The certificate is presented to the Egyptian Embassy of the country from which it is issued then an application for equalizing it to the Egyptian High School Certificate is presented. This certificate may also be submitted to the Department of Academic Equalization, affiliated with the Ministry of Education with the following:
- A detailed report on the educational system of the issuing country, including (educational stages – length of each stage – stage type).
- A detailed report on the high school stage in terms of curricula and study plans – curricula distribution of each course over academic years and weekly hours.
- A statement of the universities which accept this certificate in these countries abroad.
These attachments have to be approved by the issuing authority
Interested applicants applying for a new qualification must submit the necessary documents. The due date for uploading the required documents is the closing date for applications. Documents submitted after the closing date for applications will be accepted. Cairo University, CU is not liable to provide scanners or electronic devices. Always ensure that your documents are scanned and uploaded to an electronic device before starting the application process.
- The foreign student applying for postgraduate studies is not allowed to pay the tuition fees or attend the lectures or start any research prior to the approval of the Arab Affairs in accordance with the decree of the minister of higher education
- Payment of tuition and enrollment fees should be in Sterling or, when the Sterling is not available, in Euro or American Dollar
- An attached schedule shows the due fees to be paid by foreign students to the faculties and Institutes, it should be noted that the student pays the enrollment fees only once on being enrolled (the first year) while paying the tuition fees is every year.
- As for Palestinian students, they pay only half the fees (50%) in the academic year 2006 – 2007, while in the following years they pay all the fees including tuition fees
- The Palestinian students who had previously gotten an approval to pay only 50% of the fees continue to pay the fees decided on
- Students who get the approval of the security authorities as regards their acceptance but have not registered in the same year, their studies are to be postponed, for the next year before the start of the new academic year and that is through the General Administration for accepting foreign students.
- Students who had the security authorities’ approval for more than one year, have to submit new application forms to be once more examined by the security authorities
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR CAIRO UNIVERSITY APPLICATION
To apply to CU you need to submit the following documentation:
- An (equivalent) high school certificate accredited and approved by the Egyptian Embassy where the student obtains it or by the Cairo-based embassy of the country wherein the student procures it. As for students who get the Egyptian High School Certificate, they have to present their respective success reports.
- Original birth certificate or an official copy of it.(6) recent photos
Filling in the following documents and enclosing them inside an envelope from the General Administration for Admission and Foreign Students Grants or the Cairo based embassy as follows:
- An application (form 555 admission)
- A tentative nomination card
- An information form (3 copies)
- A statement of the student and his/her guardian
- A card of wishes (an original and a copy)
- The foreign student should fill the application form attached in accordance with his degree and that is to be done every July.
- The student should attach a photocopy of the Embassy’s approval of the student’s studying.
- The student should attach a photocopy of the degree obtained with a photocopy of the papers testifying to the equivalence of the degree obtained to the one required.
- The student should attach a photocopy of the passport.
- The Arab Affairs are to be consulted till the end of June while the application forms submitted after that date are to be delayed for the next year according to the procedures of the foreign Students’ General Administration
Cairo University, CU Application Portal
Visit our online application webpage. You can apply using any device.