This policy explains what information we gather when you visit the central web site and explains how that information is used.
It is important for you to appreciate that the central web site provides extensive links to other independent sites. This policy applies only to direct accesses to the central web site – URLs starting https://www.mikscholars.com. You will need to consult the appropriate information on other sites for information on their policies.
Who we are
Our website address is https://www.mikscholars.com. We provide educational services. See the scope of our operation in our About Us Page
Links To Other Websites
Disclosure and Uses of Personal Information
We use information held about you:
- Analyse the effectiveness and popularity of this website
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- If we have obtained your consent to do so
- When we are required or authorised by law, court order, regulatory or governmental authority to disclose your personal data
- If required to protect the rights, property or safety of our users or others.
In addition, this site uses Google Analytics to help us analyse site usage and to improve it. To support this, selected information about your interaction with the site is sent to Google for them to analyse on our behalf.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
For more details about cookies, how to disable them and the cookies we use (including Google Analytics cookies), there is a pages with URLs starting https://www.mikscholars.com
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This site uses Google Analytics to help us analyse site usage and to improve it. To support this, selected information about your interaction with the site is sent to Google for them to analyse on our behalf.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
When visitors leave comments on our website, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
ACCESSING OUR SITE:
Access to the site is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserves the right to withdraw or amend the services provided on the site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason the site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the site through your internet connection are aware of these terms and that they comply with them.
You may use the site only for lawful purposes. You must not use the site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material that does not comply with Content Standards (see below)
- To transmit or procure the sending of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam)
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses or any other computer code, programs or files designed to destroy, interrupt or limit the functionality of any computer, computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
Making Contributions To Our Site
In submitting a contribution to the site:
- You grant a non-exclusive, world-wide, royalty-free licence to copy, reproduce, broadcast, transmit, display and perform by all means all or part of your contribution on the site for the entire period of copyright in your contribution and all renewals, extensions or revivals thereof; and
- You warrant that:
- Your contribution is your own original work or you have a licence from the author/s or copyright owner/s of the work granting the University use of the work on the terms of the foregoing licence granted by you; and
- You will comply with the Content Standards (below); and
- Your contribution does not infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any person or organisation, which includes your having obtained sufficient rights (by written permission/licence or consents as appropriate) for we ought to exercise the foregoing licence granted by you –
- From rights holders of third party copyright materials that you may have included in your contribution in whole or in part, e.g. others’ literary works, photographs or other artistic works, dramatic works, musical works, sound recordings, films or broadcasts, and/or that others’ materials are used in your contribution under statutory (legislative) exemption such as fair dealing for the purposes of criticism or review.